Re: Natively compiled SWT segfaults under Windows

Ranjit Mathew a écrit :

If you're using a recent GCJ/Win32, -fno-omit-frame-pointer is already used while compiling Java to native code.

You should compile the native code (SWT DLL) also with frame
pointers enabled.
Well, that's kind of what I feared. I've been able to compile a working SWT DLL,
but I had to use a standard Win32 toolchain for this purpose as the provided
makefiles are specifically tuned for this building environment.

I'll try to adapt those makefiles to gcj. I see two possible kind of builds :
- Using gcj and Windows standard libraries.
- Using gcj and hypothetical replacement libraries provided by mingw.

Actually, I've already tried the second approach without good results.

On a broader scope, should all DLL used with gcj be rebuilt with the
-fno-omit-frame-pointer flag? Isn't this a rather strong condition to enforce?

Best regards,
Olivier Parisy.