Re: Natively compiled SWT segfaults under Windows

Ranjit Mathew a écrit :

Olivier Parisy wrote:
I was also able to compile and link basic SWT code, but it dies silently at run time.

Executing it under GDB, I got:
fallback_backtrace(_Unwind_Reason_Code (*)(_Unwind_Context*, void*), _Jv_UnwindState*) (

The current stack-unwinding code for GCJ/Win32 assumes that
all code is compiled to use frame pointers to link together
call frames on the stack. I suspect that the SWT code has
not been compiled thus (i.e. using -fno-omit-frame-pointer).
Should I only compile java code (and the SWT jar) with this flag, or should the dll be rebuilt with those frame pointers, too?
Instead of unceremoniously SIGSEGV-ing, perhaps we can
find the base of the current thread's stack and limit
the values we examine to that address and the current
top-of-stack.
Considering that the current behavior is for the application to die silently excepted when run in a debugger, that would definitely be an improvement.

Best regards,
Olivier Parisy.