_JNI_CreateJavaVM missing

I compiled the lastest GCJ from SVN head today, and when linking to my application that uses JNI invocation and worked well before, I recieved a "undefined symbols" error about _JNI_CreateJavaVM and _JNI_GetDefaultJavaVMInitArgs.

And indeed, these symbols seem not to be exported anymore, as this does not show any results:

nm /usr/local/lib/libgcj.7.0.0.dylib | grep _JNI_CreateJavaVM

Is this a mistake on my side, or did something change here in the meantime? I previously used gcc 4.1.1.

The only modification I made was to apply the patch I posted earlier on this list:

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java/2006-06/msg00143.html

Jürg