Re: I'm new and wanting to help!

>> Interesting.  Would you mind providing an example of code that would
>> trigger this behavior?

Andrew> I know of none; I think it's possible.  On the other hand, this might
Andrew> well break the present scheme as well.

Yeah... there's a discussion of this in one of Hans' papers, along
with (as I recall) a proposal for what it would take for a compiler to
be "conservative-GC-safe".

AFAIK we have never actually hit this in practice.  I suspect, without
any evidence, that translated Java code is less likely to hit this
problem than, say, C++.