libgcj-classpath-0_92-branch-point merge

Hi,

GNU Classpath branched for 0.92 last week and a full release is expected
early next week. So I updated my previous merge to the new branch point.
Since I am still mystified how to trick svn into creating proper patch
files even for new things merged in from a branch I have split up the
patch again in two files:

The diff against the existing files on the trunk:
http://www.klomp.org/mark/classpath/libgcj-classpath-0_92-branch-point.patch.bz2
Created by:
svn status | grep -v ^A | cut -c8- | xargs svn diff >
libgcj-classpath-0_92-branch-point.patch

The new files added to the trunk through the merge or by hand:
http://www.klomp.org/mark/classpath/libgcj-classpath-0_92-branch-point-new.tar.bz2
Created by:
tar jcvf libgcj-classpath-0_92-branch-point-new.tar.bz2 $(for i in `svn
status | grep ^A | cut -c8-`; do if test -f $i; then echo $i; fi; done)

2006-07-30  Mark Wielaard  <mark@klomp.org>

    Imported GNU Classpath 0.92 (branch-point)
    * HACKING: Add more importing hints. Update automake version
    requirement.

    * scripts/makemake.tcl: Set gnu/java/util/prefs/gconf and
    gnu/java/awt/dnd/peer/gtk to bc. Classify
    gnu/java/security/Configuration.java as generated source file.

    * gnu/java/lang/management/VMGarbageCollectorMXBeanImpl.java,
    gnu/java/lang/management/VMMemoryPoolMXBeanImpl.java,
    gnu/java/lang/management/VMClassLoadingMXBeanImpl.java,
    gnu/java/lang/management/VMRuntimeMXBeanImpl.java,
    gnu/java/lang/management/VMMemoryManagerMXBeanImpl.java,
    gnu/java/lang/management/VMThreadMXBeanImpl.java,
    gnu/java/lang/management/VMMemoryMXBeanImpl.java,
    gnu/java/lang/management/VMCompilationMXBeanImpl.java,
    gnu/java/lang/management/VMGarbageCollectorMXBeanImpl.java,
    gnu/java/lang/management/VMMemoryPoolMXBeanImpl.java,
    gnu/java/lang/management/VMClassLoadingMXBeanImpl.java,
    gnu/java/lang/management/VMRuntimeMXBeanImpl.java,
    gnu/java/lang/management/VMMemoryManagerMXBeanImpl.java,
    gnu/java/lang/management/VMThreadMXBeanImpl.java,
    gnu/java/lang/management/VMMemoryMXBeanImpl.java,
    gnu/java/lang/management/VMCompilationMXBeanImpl.java: New VM stub
    classes.
    * java/lang/management/VMManagementFactory.java: Likewise.
    * java/net/VMURLConnection.java: Likewise.
    * gnu/java/nio/VMChannel.java: Likewise.

    * java/lang/Thread.java (getState): Add stub implementation.
    * java/lang/Class.java (isEnum): Likewise.
    * java/lang/Class.h (isEnum): Likewise.

    * gnu/awt/xlib/XToolkit.java (getClasspathTextLayoutPeer): Removed.

    * javax/naming/spi/NamingManager.java: New override for StackWalker
    functionality.

    * sources.am, Makefile.in, gcj/Makefile.in, include/Makefile.in,
    testsuite/Makefile.in: Regenerated.

I did the minimal needed for the management and new enum support, hoping
those would come in from Tom's and Andrew's branches anyway.

Not tested yet is what happens when someone doesn't have any of the new
dependencies (gconf) installed.

It works for me on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu for eclipse and the
gcjwebplugin in firefox. But it needs more extensive testing.

Comments, testing and improvements welcome.

Cheers,

Mark