Re: libgcj-classpath-20060719 merge

Hi Mark,

Mark Wielaard wrote:
Hi Tom,

On Thu, 2006-07-20 at 08:56 -0400, Thomas Fitzsimmons wrote:
Not fully tested and
not ChangeLog yet. But Hello World works, Eclipse 3.2 starts up and the
Free Swing Demo looks nice.
What architecture did you test on?

x86-32 FC5 + some random FC development updates (kernel, gcc, libc, eclipse, etc). Also ran make check-target-libjava while sleeping. Everything passes.

What more do you want anyway!
Can you also test gappletviewer and gcjwebplugin?

I can try them out tonight. Anything special to do for installing/configuring gcjwebplugin?

Yes, you must add --enable-plugin to the GCC configure line. Then to install it you must create a link from ~/.mozilla/plugins/libgcjwebplugin.so to $prefix/lib*/gcj-4.2.0/libgcjwebplugin.so.

Any special applets you think are
"must work"?

No, just try a sampling of applets at

http://developer.classpath.org/mediation/Applets

Note that certain applets such as oneslime.net regressed slightly because of the new Java2D work. I'm more concerned that the appletviewer and plugin still work, and that they're installed in the right places:

gappletviewer should be installed in $prefix/bin
libgcjwebplugin.so should be installed in $prefix/lib*/gcj-4.2.0

Are they build by default? I only used
--enable-java-awt=gtk

I'll try to
finish it tomorrow night. But if someone wants to give it a spin that
would be appreciated. Full patch against svn trunk can be found at:
http://www.klomp.org/mark/classpath/libgcj-classpath-20060719-merge.patch.bz2
I'll do a test build on x86-64. You can also post an RFT to gcj-patches and Andreas Tobler will try builds on the less-common architectures.

Thanks!

BTW. My notes say:
- Check gconf dependency stuff.

The patch doesn't apply to GCC trunk because of the new gconf-peer directory. Specifically, the classpath/native/jni/gconf-peer/Makefile.in fragment fails to apply, since the classpath/native/jni/gconf-peer directory doesn't exist on trunk yet.

- VMPipe/VMChannel are a bit hacked up now.

Any help testing/fixing that appreciated.

I'll look over the gconf dependency configury.