Re: Crash invoke()'ing Method with "double" as return type

Martin Egholm Nielsen wrote:
Tom> If that doesn't work then you've found a bug.  You'd
probably need a Tom> MIPS expert to look at the assembly in this
case. Andreas points out on irc that a PPC expert may be better
suited :)

(-: I just find it hard to believe that this is an existing bug -
this would certainly have been found ages ago, or what... It seems
to be so fundamental - but what do I know...

You said you use a 3.4.x tree, right? Is the patch from PR23404
included in your tree? Does the test case from this PR work for you?

Yep... But I replaced the entire libffi directory from svn trunk.
I do indeed have the patch in ffi.c given in
http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/gcc/libffi/src/powerpc/ffi.c.diff?cvsroot=gcc&only_with_tag=gcc-3_4-branch&r1=1.7.10.1&r2=1.7.10.2

I by verifying that added printf'es to ffi.c does indeed end in the console, shouldn't that indicate that it's being compiled and linked in correctly?! (I'm lazy, I didn't remake the entire gcc - just libffi and libjava)

Haven't tried the test case though, but I guess that would be the natural next-step...

It sounds like it is time to open up the relevant PPC chipset/architecture/ABI manuals and get comfortable with gdb's stepi command.

David Daney.