Re: Deadlock in Class::forName on OSX

Does this mean code from Linux could be ported to 10.4, or would it need to be developed from scratch?

If it's a case of compiling with some source files replaced and maybe some minor modifications, I'm happy to try it out. Everything else is probably beyond my skills and knowledge.

Jürg

Am 24.05.2006 um 22:15 schrieb Boehm, Hans:

It sounds to me like the only hope here might be to get the more
standard pthread-call and signal based thread suspension code working on
MacOS X. I think that was impossible for older versions. A Mac expert
might know whether it's possible for 10.4. Of course, that might well
run into other issues, since it exercises a lot more pthread corner
cases than I would like.

I'm not volunteering. But I wouldn't be unhappy if the nonstandard
thread suspension code disappeared in the long run. (In the short run,
older MacOS X versions will still be around, I expect, so it can't.)

Hans

-----Original Message-----
From: java-owner@gcc.gnu.org [mailto:java-owner@gcc.gnu.org]
On Behalf Of Sandro Tolaini
Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2006 11:45 AM
To: Juerg Lehni
Cc: java@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: Deadlock in Class::forName on OSX

On 24/mag/2006, at 10:14, Juerg Lehni wrote:

Would it theoretically be possible to make it compatible
with Rosetta
by changing that part of the code?

No, as far as I know, because this call is needed to get informations about thread stack status. Rosetta is probably fiddling with the internal thread status frame, hence it will not allow you to get it. And GC will not work without this informations.

Cheers,
   Sandro