Re: gcj on intel mac patches

Sandro Tolaini wrote:
I have also found and patched two bugs in Classpath (in the Win32 port). They are present even in the gcc trunk. What is the patching policy for them? Do you incorporate foreign patches in Classpath or do you only send patches to Classpath authors and sync with Classpath project every now and then?

In general, patches for Classpath should be submitted upstream and we wait to pick them up in a merge. However, exceptions can be made in cases of important fixes for bugs that break a build or a platform, for example.

Note that some classes, including java.io.File, are not fully merged with Classpath, and libgcj's own implementation (outside of libjava/classpath) is used. Changes for those should be submitted to libgcj, as well as Classpath, if applicable.

Bryce