Re: need to focus on java performance?

Andrew Haley wrote:
Yes, but the question always was "what can we do portably?"  The part
of the dynamic linker that does fixups is not portable, and if we
don't mind that we can use some of the same tricks.

It's probably worthwhile optimizing x86 and x86_64 on ELF, while making sure the hooks (and documentation) are available if someone wants to optimize other architectures, assuming there are tricks one can do to improve performace without loosing sharing.

But of course I realize there is a resource issue.
--
	--Per Bothner