Re: CNI threads and garbage collection on FC5

Martin, Craig W wrote:
Recently I ran into a curious problem though, an application that uses CNI threads seems to fail with "collecting from unknown thread" and "null pointer exceptions" in Core 5. This application runs beautifully under Core 3 and 4, so something has changed under the Core 5 GCJ stuff that I can't pinpoint. I was unable to make my application run under core 5 without killing the GC and eventually went back to core 4.

Please try gcc41-java-gc-thread-attach-2.patch <http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/attachment.cgi?id=11161> from gcc.gnu.org/PR13212

This patch will be in the next FC5 libgcj rpm update. It's already in Rawhide. I think it should solve your problem.

Bryce