This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
Re: GIJ configure options for extremes
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Philippe Laporte <philippe dot laporte at gatespacetelematics dot com>
- Cc: java at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 24 Apr 2006 19:38:37 -0600
- Subject: Re: GIJ configure options for extremes
- References: <444752C6.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: tromey at redhat dot com
>>>>> "Philippe" == Philippe Laporte <email@example.com> writes:
Philippe> For GIJ, what is the optimal set of configure options, on
Philippe> x86 and then on ARM and PPC (x86 only will good for a
Philippe> start), for :
Philippe> - smallest size
Philippe> - best speed
We don't really have options to shrink the library at a macro level.
For size you can try building the library with -Os, I suppose.
There's also -freduced-reflection, but this is pretty specialized;
see the manual.
It is already built for speed, though perhaps on some platforms
further tweaks would help.