Re: Linking eCos to a class

Sergio Forever writes:

 >   I am trying to link eCos to a class. I have made the next steps:
 >
 >  1º To obtain a native code object
 >  2º Create a executable from native code linking eCos.
 >
 >  I have had problems with .plt memory regions

That should only happen if you're trying to link with a shared
library.  Don't do that, then.

 >  NOTE: eCos is written in C.

 >  It is possible this theory?

I've done it, a long time ago.

Firstly, you'll need to build a special version of libgcj targeted at
eCos.  This is necessary because large parts of libgcj are
OS-dependent.

I warn you now: this is going to be difficult.  Apart from anything
else, gcj has never been ported to eCos threads.  To get this to work
will require serious toolchain expertise and a lot of time.

Also, libgcj is big, much bigger than eCos.  You'll need a target with
lots of memory.