need help getting stacktraces

Brand new to gcj. Using gcj 3.4.4 in a cygwin bash shell environment on
win32. Was able to compile (to native .exe) and run some simple java
applications that make use of java.nio. However, all of my exceptions are
coming up with the dreaded "No stacktrace available>>". Is there a simple
way to get stacktraces to show up? A command line switch or something of
the sort? I saw some documentation on the main gcj page about using gdb
with gcj but i'm not feeling quite that adventurous just yet. But a stack
trace would go a long way towards helping me track down my issues.