Re: GC seems to kill process

>>>>> "Hans" == Boehm, Hans <hans.boehm@hp.com> writes:

Hans> My impression was that Tom had checked in a partial workaround that uses
Hans> linker interception for thread creation?  But that may not be in this
Hans> tree.  (See http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java-patches/2006-q1/msg00181.html and
Hans> related.)

It could be that this workaround causes other problems.  We've
already seen it cause a problem with frysk, involving improperly
intercepting a thread created by glibc for some timer thing.
Bryce is working on a fix for this.

Andi, perhaps a 'thread apply all bt' would help, I'm not sure though.

One thing is to make sure that 'make check' in the GC build directory
works.  It probably will, but it is good to isolate variables here...

Pulling out the 13212 workaround may be worth trying.  There are a
few ways to do this, the simplest is to remove the code in configure
that defines GC_PTHREAD_SYM_VERSION and then do a clean rebuild.
This will take a long time, of course... there are quicker ways that
require more careful hacking around.