compiling gcc snapshot on different platforms

(... quick thanks to all of the help I've received ...
    ... trying to keep my questions short ... )

I'm compiling gcc snapshot-4.1 (5 days old) on Linux and
OSX now.  I'll also ned to compile on Win2K.

What is the recommended initial (to bootstrap the bootstrap)
gcc recommended,  i.e. cygwin, mingw, some other native gcc compiler?

And, with the aim of using this snapshot on Win to compile
a swt/freetts app w/ gcj, are their particular options other
than those noted below that I should be using in that env.,
i.e. --enable-threads=win32 ?? any others??

Thanks

and if it is of any use, I'd be willing to post the libblat.so files
that come out of this, or a tarball of the compiled gcc env
for OSX, etc. if that would help anyone else.

--- Heitzso wrote:

Could someone cut and paste their favorite
./configure --blat --blat=blat
script to crank up building gcc/gcj in this email
list?

Something like from the gcc source directory:

mkdir object-directory
cd object-directory
../configure --prefix=/opt/gcj --enable-shared
--enable-threads=posix --disable-checking
--with-system-zlib --enable-__cxa_atexit
--enable-languages=c,c++,java --enable-java-awt=gtk
--disable-dssi
make bootstrap (grab some coffee -:))
make install