This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
Re: Speed Impact experiment on GCJ
- From: Andrew Haley <aph at redhat dot com>
- To: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- Cc: tromey at redhat dot com, thomas at tada dot se (Thomas Hallgren), Rui dot Wang at newcastle dot ac dot uk (Rui Wang), java at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 19:29:54 +0000
- Subject: Re: Speed Impact experiment on GCJ
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <200602151905.k1FJ5ZW9022906@earth.phy.uc.edu>
Andrew Pinski writes:
> > >>>>> "Andrew" == Andrew Haley <email@example.com> writes:
> > Andrew> For what it's worth, I was quite suprised that gcj didn't spot the
> > Andrew> same opportunity. Maybe this is part of the value range propagation
> > Andrew> optimizations that aren't yet in core gcc.
> > Yeah, I'm surprised too.
> > Maybe file it in bugzilla for later testing?
> Huh? It does produce good code on the mainline
> without a loop:
OK, good. Blink and gcc gets better...