This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
[gmane.comp.gcc.devel] GCC 4.1 Status Report (2006-02-14)
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: GCJ Hackers <java at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: 14 Feb 2006 13:36:35 -0700
- Subject: [gmane.comp.gcc.devel] GCC 4.1 Status Report (2006-02-14)
- Reply-to: tromey at redhat dot com
FYI, 4.1 is freezing.
--- Begin Message ---
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 01:31:01 -0800
- Subject: GCC 4.1 Status Report (2006-02-14)
- Approved: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Archived-at: <http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gcc.devel/76566>
- Envelope-to: email@example.com
- Newsgroups: gmane.comp.gcc.devel
- Original-received: from sourceware.org ([220.127.116.11])by ciao.gmane.org with smtp (Exim 4.43) id 1F8wWg-0003dm-24for firstname.lastname@example.org; Tue, 14 Feb 2006 10:31:15 +0100
- Original-received: (qmail 26308 invoked by alias); 14 Feb 2006 09:31:11 -0000
- Original-received: (qmail 26300 invoked by uid 22791); 14 Feb 2006 09:31:10 -0000
- Original-received: from potter.codesourcery.com (HELO mail.codesourcery.com) (18.104.22.168) by sourceware.org (qpsmtpd/0.31) with ESMTP; Tue, 14 Feb 2006 09:31:10 +0000
- Original-received: (qmail 13038 invoked from network); 14 Feb 2006 09:31:08 -0000
- Original-received: from unknown (HELO ?192.168.0.3?) (email@example.com) by mail.codesourcery.com with ESMTPA; 14 Feb 2006 09:31:08 -0000
- Original-to: gcc mailing list <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Original-x-from: firstname.lastname@example.org Tue Feb 14 10:31:26 2006
- Xref: news.gmane.org gmane.comp.gcc.devel:76566
In the last few days, many of the key obstacles to a 4.1 release were
removed, including, but not limited to:
1) The -mlong-double-128 patches have gone in.
2) Jason fixed some RVO issues.
3) Michael fixed the zero-width bitfield vs. #pragma pack issue.
Unfortunately, there are still two PRs for regressions that I think
PR26258: wrong code caused by incorrect alias analyis.
PR26209: an ICE-on-valid for simple C++ code, from Boost, using a
We could argue about PR26209, but I thin PR26258 is too embarrassing to
have in a release. Fortunately, a patch has been posted for PR26258,
and Richard G. claims to have a patch for PR26209.
It's certainly time to get GCC 4.1 out the door. Therefore, at 12:01 AM
GMT-8 on Wednesday, February 15th, the 4.1 branch will be frozen. All
non-documentation patches after that point will require my explicit
approval; please attach patches to PRs, and Cc: to me. Hopefully, the
two P1s will be fixed tomorrow, and I can make a release candidate as
early as Wednesday evening.
(650) 331-3385 x713
--- End Message ---