Re: Static executables

Tom Tromey wrote:
"Andrew" == Andrew Haley <aph@redhat.com> writes:

As for JNI, as far as I'm aware it requires dynamic loading.

Hmm, I didn't know that :-( . Then I think I have to give up on this, since the JNI part is vital in this case ...

Andrew> I don't know JNI well enough to be sure. Maybe someone else can help.

I think it can be done via 'libltl preloading'.  However, I don't
remember hearing about anybody actually trying this.

Essentially the problem is that JNI methods are looked up by name.
libltdl provides a way to preload libraries for systems without
dynamic loading, making the name->function mapping available.

I'm willing to try it out, if someone could spell the command line for me...

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><