Re: Class unloading (Was: Heap fragmentation (Was: Debugging "Leaks" With Boehm-GC))

Tom Tromey wrote:
"Martin" == Martin Egholm Nielsen <martin@egholm-nielsen.dk> writes:

[ class unloading ]
Martin> Since it's in the JLS it may be standard GCJ behaviour?

We don't really implement this yet.  It might work for interpreted
classes, I'm not sure.

We haven't made this work for compiled classes yet.  Ideally we would
unmap shared libraries when all the classes from that .so have been
collected.

You cannot GC the Classes until the ClassLoader is unreferenced (then you GC them all).

You would not unmap the .so until all ClassLoaders using it were GCed.

Probably this means doing some sort of reference counting external to ,but in coordination with, the GC.

David Daney