Re: Reconsidering gcjx

On Fri, 2006-01-27 at 16:41 -0800, Per Bothner wrote:
> I.e. I'm hoping one can *statically* link ecj without any
> dependencies on (say) the SWT toolkit, or the debugger?

Yes, you can.  And when references have crept in by mistake, the Eclipse
guys were pretty quick about removing them.

BTW, the compiler can be checked out and built from this module...

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@dev.eclipse.org:/home/eclipse co org.eclipse.jdt.core

(For the record, I think if people ask the Eclipse compiler people about
"ecj" they'll have no idea what you're talking about!  It was just
invented when we first started building it as a stand-alone batch
compiler in order to build Eclipse via RPM.  It was a convenient name to
use since upstream didn't provide one.)

AG