Re: Heap fragmentation (Was: Debugging "Leaks" With Boehm-GC)

Green,

Now, what am I to do with that .i file after hacking it (assuming it's just a matter of adding "GC_set_free_space_divisor(X);")?
Just compile it as if it were a C source file and add it to the link
line of your application, being sure to omit --main=???? this time.
Aha! The mysterious world behind GCJ is (very) slowly unwinding in front of me :-)

Thanks!

And as you all know it was just a matter of adding "GC_set_free_space_divisor" inside (as opposed to adding tons of #include's and pass who knows what to the compiler :-) )

I'll try bisection'ing my way towards a good value now...

However, still wondering why GC_DUMP_REGULARLY doesn't give my any output that possibly could help me there...

// Martin