Re: Announcement: micro-libgcj

On Fri, Jan 06, 2006 at 04:48:41PM -0600, Mike Emmel wrote:
> http://antenna.sourceforge.net/
>
> Is another preprocessor thats used extensively by many j2me java developers.

If you look at the download numbers there are other j2me tools [1] that can
do pre-processing that are much more used then antenna.

When you wanna use pre-processing with Java its important that the IDE
you use supports it and helps you writing the code. E.g. code-completion
sections that are without pre-processing would be commment areas.

In J2ME there is more or less a standard way to to write pre-prcessing
directives. NetBeans suppors this really well already and Eclipse is
starting on it now to. Without such support its really hard for the
coders to write and maintain such code.

Per: Is there support for your pre-processing in some IDE too? A good
Emacs mode might be a good start?

Cheers,
Michael

[1] www.j2mepolish.org