Re: SWT on OSX w/gcj?

> Hi People,
>
> I've scoured the web, but don't really have a
> clear answer on whether it's possible to use
> gcj to build SWT apps which run on OSX / Carbon.
> Does anyone know if this is currently possible?
> I also saw some post which said that sometimes GUI
> classes got run through the intepreter anyway:
>
> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java/2004-07/msg00237.html
>
> Has this been resolved?
>
> -- Mohan

Yes, it's possible. I build binaries for Mac OS X using GCC 3.4.3
and SWT 3.1. The only real trick is that you have to re-build the
SWT native libraries. You can't use the Eclispe.org supplied ones
like you can with Windows and Linux.

For details, please see the Mac specific build scripts for Banteng:
http://svn.bantengproject.org/viewcvs/banteng/trunk/

You can download an example of a GCJ/SWT Mac OS X binary at:
http://bantengproject.org/

Cheers,
Geoff