Re: JvInitClass calls exit?

On Fri, 9 Dec 2005, tsuraan wrote:

On 09/12/05, Andrew Haley <aph@redhat.com> wrote:
You need to give us a reproducable test case.  That is, you must say
*exactly* how you built this.

In addition, make sure you have read and understood this thread:

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java/2005-12/msg00097.html

Ok, I can't say I completely understand the thread (I have no idea what a PLT thunk is), but it looks like the gist of it is that it's hard to mix java and c++ when using shared libraries.

You can mix java and C++ in shared libraries.

tar xzvf lucene-1.4.3-src.tar.gz
patch -p0 < lucene.patch (the attachment to the previous email)
find lucene-1.4.3/src/java -name '*.java' > lucene.contents

mkdir -p lib
/opt/gcc-4.1/bin/gcj -c -o lib/liblucene.so @lucene.contents
/usr/bin/ar -r -v lib/liblucene.a lib/liblucene.so

I've had a much better experience compiling .class files with gcj than compiling .java files. Maybe some of the bugs I encountered have been fixed since, but I remember gcj being unhappy about a number of Lucene's inner class use, when compiling from .java.
Also, you are going to need to patch Searcher.java to workaround gcj's bug 15411. Again, see http://svn.osafoundation.org/pylucene/trunk/patches.lucene

Andi..