Re: Garbage collector stopping my world for half a second

Hi again,

Strong agreement here.

But unless GC_free_space_divisor is set to a large number, it looked
to me like the root set was unlikely to be much bigger than on the
order of 10MB.  That's still way too big, but nowhere near big enough
to explain a 360msec pause, at least not on something PC-like.

It is certainly worth running once with GC_DUMP_REGULARLY to see what
 the root set sizes really are.
I got stuck with some other problems, but I just tried setting the
GC_DUMP_REGULARLY environment variable - along with the print_stats
variable:

export GC_PRINT_STATS=1
export GC_DUMP_REGULARLY=1
export GC_dump_regularly=1

However, nothing shows up besides the info from PRINT_STATS... Strange?

// Martin