Re: compiling LWJGL with GCJ

Michael Baranov wrote:

I'm compiling LWJGL (www.lwjgl.org). Well, if the name tells you nothing, don't worry: to simplify the case it is a JNI native wrapper to opengl. I was compiling the win32 build (v0.98) of the library. It conststs of a bunch of java sources and a precompiled DLL(s). I'm not too font of make syntax so I used Ant to build it. The buils dcript is below. I used mingw 3.4.4-20050522 builds of core, java, c++, binutils 2.26.91-20050827, w32api 3.5, runtime 3.9;

Everything compiled fine using the script below. As a result I got liblwjgl.a and XYZ.a for each native XYZ.DLL using dlltool and impdef. Then I tried to compile a very simple sample. Compillation and linking went fine. (however! linker did require any of the XYZ.a libraries!). But the resulting exe crashes immediately with message: exception in thread "main".

There used to be some JNI bugs (now fixed) that prevented LWJGL from working on GCJ. However, I'm not sure if those fixes made it into the 3.4 series or not. You may wish to try again with gcj 4.x and see if that fixes the problem.

Other than that, if it is possible to run GDB and get a stack trace, that would help to diagnose this further.

Bryce