Re: 4.1 MinGW Executables Not Working

Hi TJ,

Thanks for your response.

>I am fairly certain that the network bits seemed to work in the August 14th
>(or thereabouts) source drop. When I switched to CVS around September 1,
>however, I started seeing the problem you are describing. I still have a
>copy of the source that I think was working and can look for changes. In any
>case, I think the window where this got broken was in the last half of
>August. Maybe some digging around in the *Win32.cc files in Subversion will
>show a change.

The network interface breakage was probably due to a Classpath import. I'm
not to worried about that. I am worried about the non-functional executables,
however. Not even a HelloWorld program works. (I didn't try the crossed-native
compiler or pulling in a new, fresh tree today.)

When was the last time you built a compiler which produced working executables?
Did you need any patches other than the ones which are already presently in SVN?

-- Mohan
http://www.thisiscool.com/
http://www.animalsong.org/