Native Eclipse on Windows.

Hello list,

I'm trying to compile some java to native code. It needs to use some dynamic class loading.

I succeeded in compiling some simple java code to .exe using either GCJBuilder (an eclipse plugin) or command line. However I'm stuck when trying to compile some more elaborated java code.

More precisely, I want to know if I can compile some Eclipse RCP ( http://www.eclipse.org/rcp/ ) to native code (some "stand alone" .exe application).
This is especially important as I want to ship my applications without the need for huge JREs especially on windows (on other systems recent JRE usually come with the OS).

Reading through GCJ documentation and through different web sites, it seems that it is very much possible. At least the whole Eclipse IDE (not just a scaled down Eclipse RPC) was compiled under some Linux distribution ( http://developer.classpath.org/mediation/ClasspathShowcase ). I tried to follow the same process on windows to compile some Eclipse RPC but couldn't get anywhere.

Please, has anyone succeeded in doing something similar on windows?? Any documentation you could direct me to? Any commandline examples, scripts, make files ???

You guys have done a great job with GCJ, but it lacks some simple to follow tutorials where one can see how to use it under different scenarios. I went through the official documentaion many times but couldn't get much out of it. It's really frustrating as I know it can be done.

Thanks in advance.

PS: I tried both windows build versions from thisiscool.com!