Re: GCJ problem with org.xml.sax package

This particular case is arguably a bug, which I think has appeared since 4.0. It isn't properly linking a BC-ABI class that is encountered when traversing superclasses during linking of a non-BC class.

But, in any case, calling BC code from non-BC code isn't really a good idea, so its a good idea to use -findirect-dispatch.

Bryce

S. Park wrote:

Thanks, that did the trick. But now I'm wondering why this worked without -findirect-dispatch on Debian (Sarge) using gcc 4.0.