This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
Big Classpath Merge warning
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: GCJ Hackers <java at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: GCC Mailing List <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: 14 Jul 2005 13:41:45 -0600
- Subject: Big Classpath Merge warning
- Reply-to: tromey at redhat dot com
I'm finally ready to check in the big classpath merge, and I wanted to
post a short warning before I went ahead with it.
For those who don't know about this, there is a description here:
I've tested this merge natively (including multilib) and with a cross
build (x86->arm), and things seem to be working ok. However, it is a
fairly large build restructuring, and I've probably made an
undiscovered mistake or two. Please report these to me and I will fix
them as quickly as possible.
I'm planning to do the checkin tomorrow, after classpath 0.17 is
released (I have one more classpath change which is needed but which
must go in post-0.17).
I've updated libjava/HACKING in my tree to reflect the new approach.
Perhaps there is some better place to document this though.