Re: libjava configure question

Andrew Haley wrote:

> Yes, that's probably true. We'd have to make sure that calls to
> java::lang::Math::sin() etc. were replaced by sin() and we'd also have
> either to remove our own definitions of the functions or make them
> weak.
> > All quite possible, but perhaps not top of the list.

I just tried, and I discovered that even without any optimizations
gcc/glibc fails dismally to meet even the relaxed java.lang.Math
accuracy requirement for trig functions.  We should keep our own math
library, because it's better.

Hmm, thats quite surprising. Are you sure this was using the real math library functions and not substituting FPU instructions? Do you have some test case that checks for conformance?

Bryce

Bryce