Re: libjava configure question

Andrew Haley wrote:

Steve Ellcey writes:
> > So why does fdlibm.h include declarations of sin/pow/sqrt/etc. instead
> of just including math.h?

Because we don't use the system math libraries. We don't use them
because we can't be sure that they conform to Java language
requirements.

I've wondered if there's any reason we couldn't use the system math library, provided it is IEEE floating-point compliant. The Math.* functions are no longer required to produce identical results on all platforms according to the fdlibm algorithms - thats what StrictMath is for. In fact GCJ already has the ability to inline Math.* calls directly into native FPU instructions in some cases.

Bryce