Re: Big Classpath Merge

Tom Tromey wrote:
I've been working on the proposed big classpath merge recently, and I
thought I'd write a note describing how it will look and work, to sort
of ease people into it.

The basic idea is to reduce merging by letting us drop a classpath
tree directly into the libgcj tree.  One goal is to make it possible
to work on libgcj by simply checking out a classpath tree and updating
it independently, and have all commits go into classpath.

First, the copy of classpath goes in gcc/libjava/classpath. I considered a new top-level directory, but that doesn't work that well since we want to impact classpath's build minimally, and we need to be able to modify the command-line arguments to the classpath configure.

There are many people that have write access to GCC's CVS. How are changes they make (or would otherwise make) going to get into classpath?

David Daney.