Re: Moving the pkgconfig directory from lib/ to libdata/?

On Wed, 11 May 2005, Roman Kennke wrote:
>>> Is the pkgconfig directory at the correct location when put under lib/,
>>> or shouldn't this be libdata/ instead?
>> What system has $(prefix)/libdata?  None I'm familiar with.
> The BSDs for example use libdata dirs. I suppose the patch is from a BSD
> port?

Yes, indeed.  It came from a FreeBSD user.

So I guess I should rephrase $SUBJECT as: How can we properly set the
pkgconfig directory to $(prefix)/libdata/ for FreeBSD and potentially
others?  Any chance for someone with auto* skills to hack this up?

Gerald