Re: GCC 4.1: Buildable on GHz machines only?

Hi Andi,

Splitting up libgcj.so probably makes sense even for the Linux distro
case (the one I am most concerned with at the moment), just so that
apps that don't use AWT or Swing don't really pay for it. The

The only reason to split it out would be to allow a libgcj
installation that is not dependent on the X11 libraries on the
RPM/dpkg/etc. level for small setups, but I am not sure how useful
that is anymore for most distributions.

If I develop for an embebed Linux distro (like Familiar for iPAQs) and use JavaGnome (so I can get the customized widgets for small screen sizes) it would save a lot of flash do not have awt and swing on libgcj. Same if you opt for SWT.

[]s, Fernando Lozano