Re: String(strBytes, "UTF-16LE"); thorws java.io.UnsupportedEncodingException

Andreas> java.io.UnsupportedEncodingException: UTF-16LE

Yeah, we don't have built-in support for this encoding, as far as I
can see.  On Linux (and Solaris, I suppose) systems we rely on iconv
for most encoding support.

It looks like there will be some changes in this area in the future
(4.1 if all goes well), but of course that doesn't help you now...

One option might be to get GNU libiconv, install it, and then rebuild
a gcj configured to use it.  I've never tried this, so I can't say if
there are any gotchas.

Another option would be to write the converter support you need.
This isn't hard to do.

A third option would be to write a converter that uses whatever
charset conversion facilities Windows provides, just like we do for
the iconv converter.