Re: Linking with DOM

Andrew Pinski wrote:

On Apr 16, 2005, at 1:31 PM, Per Bothner wrote:

Tom Tromey wrote:

Per> (I am willing to switch to the new ABI if that is recommded.)
Yeah, you'll probably want to.
In order to support java.endorsed.dirs, we have to compile the DOM and
other XML code BC.  It doesn't really make sense for C++ ABI code to
refer to BC ABI code.
-findirect-dispatch is really only for building from .class files
right now.  If this is not documented, it really should be.

I think my best choice is to remove the dependency on JAXP when using GCJ to build Kawa. There isn't really anything that needs it - Kawa has its own DOM, XML parser, and printer, and that works fine for XQuery.

That way I don't have to deal with -findirect-dispatch or re-structure
my Makefiles.  I can switch when/if the new ABI becomes the default.
--
	--Per Bothner