Re: libgcj maintenance for 4.0.x branch

Anthony Green wrote:
Michael Koch has volunteered to maintain the GCC 4.0.x branch for
libgcj.  This basically involves moving approved patches from HEAD back
to the branch.

It would be good to set up some kind of policy for what patches should
be acceptable.  Perhaps something like this already exists.

My suggestion is simply to make the golden rule:

"Programs built against libgcj 4.0.a should link correctly against
libgcj 4.0.b where a<b."

I think 4.0.x is meant for small safe bug-fixes and improvements. So I think it is primarily the Release manager's job to set policy. What you're saying is a necessary condition for including a patch, but I'm not sure it's sufficient. -- --Per Bothner per@bothner.com http://per.bothner.com/