Re: linking a java class and a .so library with GCJ

> > If it's not possible, would you mind sending
> > me tray.jar, IconDemo.java (and images) and
> > libtray.so? I can try it out with mainline and
> > tell you if this bug has been fixed or not.
>
> well, if you don't mind that would be of great help, thanks a lot !
> I join here a zip file with the files.

"Good News, Bad News":

The good news is that with current mainline
GCJ, I do not get any problems while trying
to compile the application.

The bad news is that "tray.jar" uses
"sun.awt.EmbeddedFrame", which is an
*internal* Sun class (that even Sun doesn't
encourage anyone to use) that will very
likely never be in libgcj.

If possible, you should ask the provider
of this JAR to use standard JRE classes.

Thanks,
Ranjit.
--
Ranjit Mathew      Email: rmathew AT gmail DOT com

Bangalore, INDIA.    Web: http://ranjitmathew.hostingzero.com/