Re: Endless recursion when using SecurityManager

Andrew Haley wrote:

Thomas Hallgren writes:
> I'm trying to use a custom SecurityManager but as soon as I install it > (or any other SecurityManager) using the System.setSecurityManager > method, I get what seems to be an endless recursion. On the stack I see > Class.getClassLoader calling ClassLoader.getSystemClassLoader which in > turn seems to call Class.getClassLoader again.
> > Since I don't know what the current state of the security features in > gcj was/is, I thought I'd ask here before devoting more time to it. Is > this a known issue?

Yes. It's fixed in 4.0 (pre release).

Andrew.

Terriffic. I'm eager to try it out.

Is there a good place to find a precompiled 4.0 for fc3 on i386? If not, can I find a source bundle somewhere or should I use CVS? If CVS, does this pre-release have a tag? The reason I ask is that I find very little info about where to get 4.0 on the gcc.gnu.org/java website.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren