Re: Compiling of GCJ and SWT under MacOS X

Andi Vajda wrote:

>   - on Windows, Mingw gcj's jni doesn't use __stdcall for JNICALL, so there is
>     calling convention mismatch when linking against non-mingw-gcj-recompiled
>     JNI libs there

This should not be true - we went out of the way to
get STDCALL support in the JNI implementation on
Win32, because we wanted to be binary compatible
with other JNI implementations (read Sun's) and
our users to expect GCJ-compiled programs to work
with pre-compiled third-party JNI libraries
(notably SWT).

If you find this to be not true, please file
a bug with a simple testcase. Did you find this
problem with a MinGW release or the one found
on Mohan's site (www.thisiscool.com)? Do you
also find the problem in vanilla FSF GCC sources?

(If the problem is only with a MinGW release
and not with the FSF GCC sources, please file
the bug only against MinGW using the SourceForge
bug-tracking system for MinGW.)

Thanks,
Ranjit.

--
Ranjit Mathew      Email: rmathew AT gmail DOT com

Bangalore, INDIA.    Web: http://ranjitmathew.hostingzero.com/