From: java-owner@gcc.gnu.org [mailto:java-owner@gcc.gnu.org] On Behalf
Of Prabhakar, Vijay (IT)
Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2004 11:13 AM
To: java@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: newbie question: need help linking

Hi, I'm having a few problems with which I was hoping someone could help
me out.  I'm using GCJ 3.2.3-42.  I'm not sure if this is possible,
which might explain why I can't get this system running.  I have a
program that is written in C++ and it uses several libraries.  I'm
trying to change one of the libraries to Java while leaving a C++
interface to it so the original program can continue running without
changes.

So essentially, I have a C++ class with a main, calling another C++
class which calls a Java class.  So I compile my Java class with GCJ and
produce the C++ header file.  Both C++ classes compile fine as well.
However, I cannot get the program to link.  I can get it to link if I
compile the Java source file to an object file, but not a class file.
Is it possible to link in this manner?  I can provide the source code
but they are pretty trivial, one method each that just do print a line
to the screen.  Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide!

-Vijay

NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender.  Sender
does not waive confidentiality or privilege, and use is prohibited.