Q about importing classpath changes

Can classpath changes be merged on gui branch if they don't cause any breakage? My concern is whether there are licensing issues as well as what the rules are for doing so. I'm of course assuming the basic rule of restricting those changes to gui-related stuff.

In particular, I was going to start creating some javax.imageio stuff, but I see that classpath already has more than gcj at the moment.

Thanks
Jerry Quinn