This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
Re: libunicows w/gcj MingW?
- From: Mohan Embar <gnustuff at thisiscool dot com>
- To: Bryce McKinlay <mckinlay at redhat dot com>
- Cc: java at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 09:51:43 -0600
- Subject: Re: libunicows w/gcj MingW?
- Reply-to: gnustuff at thisiscool dot com
>My understanding is that using "ansi" would give you a non-Unicode
>libgcj, that works on all versions of Windows, while "unicode" would
>give you a Unicode-based libgcj, that only works on Windows
>If so, I think thats a perfectly reasonable trade-off.
>There arn't that many Win9x systems left these days, and most new
>Windows software seems to require at least Win2k.
I agree. I'll submit a patch which gets rid of this.