Re: JAAS on MacOSX

Thanks a lot for you help!

The class "com.sun.security.auth.module.UnixLoginModule" is available by
default on Mac OS X. At least it is on 10.3.5 + Java 1.4.2Update2, and on
10.2.3 + Java 1.4.1. It's not present under Java 1.3.1, that I saw. I
haven't checked other configurations, so you should probably do that for
the configurations and versions you want to support.

Well thats very fine! IBM has it located somewhere in com.ibm.... which is ugly for me cause I have to switch.
I expected it somewhere in com.apple but nice that its fully compatible!

<>Try it. It may work only with specific versions of Java, or across the
board (1.3.*, 1.4.*).

The reason why I am asking is that I still go to school and OSX is quite too expensive for me.
I use Linux but even compared to MS-OS (which is at least 5y up to date) Apple stops supporting older OSses even after a year!
Have a look, latest Safari and Java both need 10.3 - no luck with 10.2 which is maybe 18 months old.

This is really sad, but its the thruth - its soo good but just too expensive for me :-(

Thanks a lot for your help, lg Clemens