Re: Setting up GCJ to cross compile to Tandem NSK

Matt> It looks like support for nsr-tandem-nsk was removed 3.1.1, so I am
Matt> currently trying to build a GCC/GCJ cross compiler with the 3.1
Matt> release.  Once I can get that working I will look at uplifting the
Matt> tandem code to 3.4.x.

There's probably a fair amount to do to port gcj to this platform.
You'll have to port the garbage collector, the thread layer, and the
other platform-specific native code.  This might be hard or easy
depending on how similar your OS is to existing ports.  For best
results (i.e., JNI support, interpreter support) you will need to port
libffi (assembly hacking required).  On some platforms we can catch a
SEGV and turn it into a NullPointerException; this also requires
special code to be written for your target.