Re: GCC Status Report (2004-09-13) [--enable-mapped-location]

Mark Mitchell wrote:

I think there's an even bigger question: if --enable-mapped-location works, why have it be an option? Why not just have it on all the time?

That is the goal, once all the front-ends have been converted and regressions fixed. I'd wait a little bit (at least a couple weeks) for things to stabilize and for people to get comfortable with the change before ripping the old code out. (Doing so will allow simplifying and cleaning up more than just removing the conditionals.)

Do you have any performance measurements with the option enabled at this point?

Nope. I'm hoping for others to provide those. And ideally help with performance profiling and tuning. -- --Per Bothner per@bothner.com http://per.bothner.com/