Cygwin / MSYS Command-Line-Length Issues? (was Re: GC Problems...)

Hi Andrew,

> > Rutger Ovidius pointed out off list that he has problems
> > building libgcj under Cygwin because of command-line
> > length limitations that used to be worked around when
> > building libgcj.la. I haven't looked into this much but
> > was wondering if this rang a bell with anyone....
>
>Do we know why this is?  Doesn't Cygwin use bash?

Cygwin uses bash too, but probably has more severe command-line-
length limitations which expose this issue than say bash on RH 9.0.
I don't build on Windows, but recall that I was surprised to see
the massive link command line on Linux and sort of wondered out
loud why things didn't break.

MinGW folks, has anyone run across this when building gcj
on Cygwin or MSYS?:

- http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java/2004-09/msg00085.html
- http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java/2004-09/msg00088.html

-- Mohan