From: Rutger Ovidius
To: Mohan Embar
Subject: Fwd: Re: GC Problems...
Date: 9/11/2004 6:58:50 PM

I completed my cross compile (and am on the install stage) under
cygwin with the 09/01 cvs version.  I had to manually edit the
Makefile in libjava.  The target used to write the long
list of files to an output file and pass that on to libtool.  The
current one just passes them all as an argument (causing the problems).

The correct fix would be applied to, but I'm not very
familiar with it.

old: $(libgcj_la_OBJECTS) $(libgcj_la_DEPENDENCIES)
  $(libgcj_la_LINK) -rpath $(toolexeclibdir) $(libgcj_la_LDFLAGS) $(libgcj_la_OBJECTS) $(libgcj_la_LIBADD) $(LIBS)

new: $(libgcj_la_OBJECTS) $(libgcj_la_DEPENDENCIES)
  @echo Creating list of files to link...
  @: $(call write_entries_to_file,$(libgcj_la_OBJECTS) $(libgcj_la_LIBADD),libgcj.objectlist)
  $(libgcj_la_LINK) -rpath $(toolexeclibdir) $(libgcj_la_LDFLAGS) -objectlist libgcj.objectlist $(LIBS)